Tuesday, January 29, 2008


An incident when I was caught in a storm.

I had hoped to reach the nearest shelter before the storm hit me. As I glanced down, however, a dark shape was swallowing the valley in huge gulps. Thunder boomed in the distance. Suddenly, the storm was on me.

It started pouring heavily. I was drenched in water and my shoe was muddy and soaked badly. I felt disgusted. I had learnt a lesson not to leave my aunt’s place so late and to also carry an umbrella wherever I go even though it is a sunny day. I called my father from the nearest public phone to ask him if he would be able to pick me up. He was working and I had no choice but to wait for the rain to ease. I waited for almost an hour sitting down at the coffee shop drinking a cup of coffee. I wanted to take a cab, but I only had a dollar twenty with me which was just enough for a drink.

After an hour, I was a little dry and decided to go back home before it starts raining again. As I walked back home the sky grew darker again and it started raining. I reached home all wet, wiped myself dry and looked out of the window finding for people whom are in the situation I was in a few minutes ago.

No comments: