Saturday, February 16, 2008

Describe an occasion when you received an unexpected present

Describe an occasion when you recieved an unexpected present. Chinese New Year was around the corner. I just finished decorating my class with Chinese New Year posters and walked back home. When I reached my block, I felt this sudden urge to open me post box. I opened it and I saw a huge parcel wrapped in brown paper. I took it out with great difficulty. I rushed upstairs to my house. On my way, I saw my neighbour going to the hospital with his wife. I heard that his wife had to amputate her leg and he did not have enough money to pay for the hospitals expenses. He has been pleading the public to give donation for his wife’s operation. When I reached home, I unwrapped the parcel and in it I saw a letter. It was written,

‘Dearest Mr Yeo,
I heard that your wife has to undergo a major operation, which costs you a few thousands. Well, you had asked me for help. You have helped me in many ways and I could repay you in a small way by giving this cash cheque. This is what I can afford to give you.
Yours truly,
Mark Leong

I was astonished upon reading that letter. That very second, I knew that the parcel was not for me and it was for my neighbor. I rushed to my neighbour’s doorstep and pressed the bell. There was no response. That was when I remembered that they had left to the hospital. I waited for three hours. I often looked out of the window and peeked through the pigeonhole.
Later, I heard them opening the door. I rushed and gave them the parcel. I told them it was posted to the wrong address, and apologized for not reading the address and opened it. I gave them the parcel and went back home feeling proud of myself that I was honest and have done a good deed.

No comments: