Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Write about a time when you lost something expensive, but gained a valuable lesson in return.

I had waited months for this day. We went to the nearest mall. We rushed into the shop. My eyes were glued to the glued to the glass door. I did not know which model to buy.

It was my birthday and my father told me that he would get me a new hand phone. I waited for many months, and the day finally came. I ransacked all the broachers , not knowing which one to buy. As I was walking around, something caught my eyes. I turned my head and I saw a phone model. I fell in love with it the very moment I saw it. I pleaded my father to get that handphone.when I asked for the cost, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. It cost $ 1000.

He later explained why it was so expensive. I was astonished. My father bought it as he knew I really loved it. I thanked him and promised to keep it safely.

The next day, I went to school and showed everyone my new handphone. I forgot to bring it down for recess. I assumed no one will take it. I WAS WRONG ! When I got back to my class, my hand phone was missing. I was shocked. I did know what to do. I immediately called my father using the public phone and cried to him. He told me to calm down and tell him what happened. I did as he told me to.

I expected him to shout at me. Instead he told me not to worry and he will come to school and help me. I waited for him anxiously. He then told my teacher about it. We three then searched the whole school. My father then ransacked my bag and there was my hand phone! I felt very relieved. I had learnt a very valuable lesson not to boast around and also to bring all my valuables with me where ever I go.

No comments: